1.16.2012

1st Day Back…

…and already a little sore.

I made it to the gym today with my friend A! It was the first time I've been in a very long time. There is something that I find really intimidating about going back to workout after a too-long break. I'm sure its psychological or something; but I've been planning on going to workout since the beginning of the year, yet I always had a reason… an excuse. I was too tired, I forgot my shoes… you name it.

Does anyone else feel strange about going to the gym after a long absence? Like you're going to be judged for paying "dues", for lack of a better word, but not being there.

It could just stem from being overweight and feeling like I'm being judged for that all the time...

I don't know what it was, but I know I'm grateful to A for asking me when we were going to go and following up with me. Today I stepped inside the gym I have been a member of on and off for the last 6 years; here are our feet to prove it:

No comments: