11.13.2012

Last Night & Tomorrow

The day I joined Beckman's I met this awesome woman who had (at that point) lost 86 pounds (now it's like 93!). She was super encouraging to me, this new girl who was so overwhelmed and unsure. Who's tried it all before and failed. I "friended" her on MyFitnessPal and she's been so positive, especially on my worst days.

Since the start, she's invited me to a workout class at a local rec center. Water Zumba. Well, thanks to our Veteran's (Thanks, Pops!!) I had off of work yesterday and was able to make it to the 5:30 class! It was SO fun!!!! Of course today I'm a little bit sore and thankful for spray on icyhot, but I really think I'd go back on days I have off of work. While I was in the water dancing away I kept on thinking "this isn't so bad... easy..." HA! since about 11 last night all I can feel is my arms and legs hating me.

Too bad they're going to have to deal with the gym tonight too ;o)

Tomorrow is weigh-in day and I'm nervous. Every single week I find myself giving myself a pep talk...

"It's ok if you don't lose any weight, Joy. You're trying really hard and this is a lifestyle change. You're going to the gym a lot and building muscle and sometimes just because you're a girl your body will freak out and not let you lose. Really, you'll be fine. You can do this."

I really wonder if I'll ever feel positive about myself and everything I'm doing right now. I'm going to the gym about 5 days a week and now I'm going for at least an hour a day. Yesterday I did yoga in the morning and water zumba at night. I'm burning calories and eating healthier. Tonight I've almost convinced myself to do an hour and a half thanks to this new machine A told me about at the gym. People are noticing that I've lost weight and asking me how much I've lost. Yet I'm convinced the scale won't move.

Working on positivity.......................

No comments: