11.01.2012

Wellness

I think I off-handedly mentioned in a previous post that I joined a Wellness and Weight Loss Clinic at my doctor's office. I should have actually mentioned it.... I'm doing just that now, so that counts right?

It's been 5 weeks today since my very first visit.

Hard to believe for me, but it's been great!

Don't get me wrong, it's been ROUGH. Honestly, there are a few restaurants I can't even think about eating at ever again and sometimes I wonder what I'll have to give up in a day if I ever want to eat pasta again.

I know there are adjustments and I obviously needed to make them. I gained all of this weight somehow, right? I can't expect it to magically fall off without giving up anything or putting in some of the work. I just wish that I could do a little bit of magic and *poof* gone!

Wishful thinking, I know...

However.... ready for this?... Five weeks from day 1 and I'm down 20 pounds even.

I guess there's just something about accountability.

And friends that meet me at the gym.

And me making myself go to the gym even when someone can't meet me.

And accountability.....................

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Joy! This is such fantastic news on your progress after just over a month. Discipline and accountability can go so far in just about every facet of our lives, yet we are amazed by the results they bring every single time.

I'm intrigued by what you learned at the wellness clinic, too. Let's chat about it sometime!