6.06.2015

Sometimes..

I forget that I have blogs. I forget how much I used to like to write... to put myself out there in some small way for the world. I haven't blogged here in well over a year. A year I spent not going to the gym and not caring... really in just a hard, bad, dark place. I kind of just gave up. 

You see, I love my job. I really genuinely love what I do and the people I work with are like my family, but I was working crummy hours (by my own doing) and I just stopped doing anything else. I worked and I slept and that's almost it. I didn't do much more. I worked 10 hour days until 10 at night and then I'd be awake until 5 am and spent my days off catching up on sleep. 

I was depressed. 

But things are a lot better now. Over a year later. I'm working 8 hour days and I'm off work at 7. Those 3 hours make more of a difference than you'd ever imagine. I'm sleeping regular hours and my stress levels have gone down dramatically. I even want to go out and do things with my friends again. I rejoined the gym that I had quite because of the hours of operation and I'm so glad I did. 

Even before starting up the gym again, I dropped about 15 pounds just because of my stress levels and sleep habits. I'm so thankful that my company cares about their employees and that my boss and coworkers invest in me. 

So I continue in this journey called life... and I'm embracing re-found joy in small things... and I thank God for that joy. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's good to see you blogging again! I thought my eyes had deceived me when my news reader had an unread notification for your site.

Congrats on getting things rolling again. It's tough after letting good habits go. Keep up the great work.