6.22.2012

Support

I'm still amazed by it.

I know I shouldn't be. My parents, my family, close friends... they've always been supportive of me. Yet somehow in this... in wanting to lose weight, be healthy; in this I'm amazed at the mass amounts of support all around me.

Friends cooking healthy meals specifically following the diet plan I'm using, encouraging me when my legs hurt from boot camp. Talking about being healthy, joining me in my pursuits... e-mailing me encouraging things and neat articles or blogs found.

I think I am just blown away by how loved I feel by them. And at work included.

On Sunday I will turn 32 (& I remember when that sounded old). At work we normally order out lunch for the birthday girl (no guys in my department), but my coworkers realized and recognize my pursuit of healthiness and instead of ordering out? Today their all chipping in for a salad bar with all the fixings; making sure there is plenty available for me from my list of "approved" items.

I'm really looking forward to it, and I'm so thankful for all of this caring support =o)

No comments: